An impassioned plea on version numbers

Peter Lawrey peter.lawrey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 15:31:01 UTC 2017

It's worth noting the version is likely to be

1.10.0_1
1.11.0_1

or

1.18.3_1
1.18.9_1
1.19.3_1

I am not sure adding r1, r2 really helps. Perhaps a combination would work

1.10.18_300
1.10.18_900
1.10.19_300
1.11.19_900
1.11.20_300

or

1.10.183_1
1.10.189_1
1.10.193_1
1.11.199_1
1.11.203_1

This way the middle/major-ish version shows changes in the language and the
minor version show updates in the libraries/JSRs included.

ᐧ