Call for Discussion: New Project: Skara -- investigating source code management options for the JDK sources

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Mon Jul 30 09:47:31 UTC 2018

> On Jul 30, 2018, at 5:17 PM, Roman Kennke <roman at kennke.org> wrote:
>
> Yes. And we can make partial clones. Nobody really ever needs all of the history.

While I don't need the history of every file, I often find myself looking at the full history of the files I am working on, to find out how they evolve to what they look today. Does partial clone support this?

Also, do you happen to know a solution to make the repo smaller after so many renames? Aleksey's page [2] shows the xz file for jdk8u is 232M but the one for jdk/jdk is 752M.

Thanks
Max