New candidate JEP: 357: Migrate from Mercurial to Git

Joe Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Tue Jul 16 22:33:07 UTC 2019

On 7/16/2019 7:23 AM, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> On 7/16/19 2:19 PM, Severin Gehwolf wrote:

[snip]

>>> Additionally, not addressed:
>>>   *) Existing hgupdater links in JBS would have to be updated, or they would break;
>> Only if current mercurial repositories cease to exist entirely, I'd
>> think, no?
> Yes. And we know they did disappear before. Try to follow the hgupdater comment that points to
> jdk/hs-comp, for example. I don't see the agreement anywhere that Mercurial repos would stay put for
> links to work after the conversion. It should be explicitly written down and agreed upon.

Some of the integration repos were deleted (e.g. jdk/hs-comp, tl), but
the master repos for a release remain. Consequently, the last hgupdater
link should still be valid. Under old model (and still today for client
fix), there is a first hgupdater comment when a fix is pushed to an
integration repo (marker fixed in build value "team") and a final
hgupdate comment when the fix goes into the master repo (marker fixed in
build value "master").

-Joe