JVM heap size issue in openjdk 8.

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Sep 18 09:57:38 UTC 2019

On 18/09/2019 10:24, Pandit (EXT), Vijay wrote:
> :
>
> OpenJDK is required for Siemens end customers.
>
> So we have to test our code on top of Oracle OpenJDK <version>. If using Oracle OpenJDK 9 version I am not able to start WebLogic 12.1.3.0. I am getting below error message.
>
> “-Djava.endorsed.dirs=D:\Softwares\openJdk\jdk-9+181_windows-x64_ri\java-se-9-ri\jdk-9\lib\endorsed;D:\apps\wls12130\oracle_common\modules\endorsed is not supported. Endorsed standards and standalone APIs
> in modular form will be supported via the concept of upgradeable modules.
> Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
> Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.”
>
> Same error I am getting if I use any Oracle OpenJDK version 9 and above.
>
> If I upgrade WebLogic version then we need to change ours other supported environments .
>
> So please guide me . If any resolution of above issue is there then please let me know.

I don't know much about WebLogic Server but I see the downloads have
detailed installation and configuration documentation that lists the
Oracle JDK 7 and 8 releases that it is certified to run on. I don't see
anything to suggest it can run on a build of the OpenJDK jdk8u repo so I
think your starting point has to be the WebLogic documentation and the
list of supported configurations.

-Alan.