Migrate to Mailing Lists to Modern Forum Software

Roman Kennke rkennke at redhat.com
Mon Dec 28 11:09:47 UTC 2020

I haven't quite understood what we are discussing about.

- It is only about non-code-review discussions, right? Because we
already can (and do) code-reviews in Github (with 2-way-interfaces to
email). This has some advantages (namely, I like that code and review
are in a single place), and disadvantages (as you said, the 2-way-email
interface tends to linearize discussions)

- What would be the *advantage* of a switch to Github or other 'forum'
software for non-review discussions? So far I haven't heard much except
'because we can'...

Roman