Resumption of Leyden Discusssion (was Re: Result: New Project: Leyden)

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Sat Apr 24 09:35:58 UTC 2021

On 4/24/21 9:44 AM, Volker Simonis wrote:

> Maybe we should have a look at alternative, existing JVM
> implementations (like OpenJ9, which I'm not all all familiar with)
> which are more liberally licensed?

One of the main purposes of Leyden is to develop a statically-compiled
specification for Java; and OpenJDK is the reference implementation of
Java. By all means look at something else as an alternative, but it
won't solve that problem, and may only be a distraction. I do not
intend to discuss legal issues here.

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer