Call for Discussion: Group Consolidation: Client Libraries Group

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed Jun 2 19:52:49 UTC 2021

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your support for the proposal.

Regarding initial membership I have used simple, objective criteria to
*consolidate* the existing groups.
In part, because of the long time that this proposal has been pondered
over, it led to few new members
being proposed for the existing groups. I think in fact there are
several contributors who have been
very and regularly active with creating fixes over the last months and
year or so, that I'd like
to see as members of the new group, but they aren't included here
either, since I'd prefer
to have no question about how the initial membership was decided, and
the additional folks,
such as yourself would all come in as part of group member votes,
perhaps shortly after
the creation of the new group - assuming the proposal is approved.

-phil.