wiki for me but not for thee (was CFD Project Lilliput)

Dalibor Topic dalibor.topic at oracle.com
Tue Mar 9 19:11:17 UTC 2021

On 09.03.2021 20:05, John Rose wrote:

> The wiki rules are unfortunately specified in the oj
> rules, which themselves are unfortunately hard to
> change.  (That’s my understanding; to be corrected
> by advice from those who know better.)  So now
> the current workaround is to work hard to make
> folks into HotSpot group members, one at a time,
> using the clumsy and time-consuming voting
> procedure.

Fwiw, Projects can have wikis too, which tends to be easier to become
Committer in (happens all the time) than to become a Group member
(happens rarely).

So basically, if you move the relevant part of the notes to a Project's
wiki, everyone in that Project can edit it.

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic
Consulting Product Manager
<tel:+491737185961>, Video: dalibor.topic at oracle.com
<sip:dalibor.topic at oracle.com>

Oracle Global Services Germany GmbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB 246209
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Herrmann