Can't pick right module name

Marius Volkhart Marius at volkhart.com
Tue Mar 23 10:57:25 UTC 2021

Hi,

There was a mailing list discussion about this once. The proposal
originally resulted in a compiler error when modules ended with a version.
I believe the idea is to dissuade developers from including versions in
their module names, the way it often happens with package names like
org.apache.commons.collections4. If I recall correctly, the error was
reduced to a warning for cases like this, where a brand name ends with a
number.

I'm having trouble finding the original messages though.

--
Cheers,
Marius Volkhart