Published details of several Leyden Experiments

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Tue Jan 18 13:47:07 UTC 2022

Apologies if posting this to discuss list is inappropriate but in the
absence of a Leyden project mailinglist I could not come up with any
better place to post.

I recently gave a talk about static Java at the Joker 2021 conference
which is now available online [1]. The talk described 3 experiments Red
Hat had undertaken to look into implementing a static Java image
generator using Hotspot components.

Write ups of two of those experiments are available in my space on
cr.openjdk.java.net as pdfs[2]. These documents each include a link to
branches in Roland Westrelin's git repo clone of the OpenJDK git repo
which contain the code modifications made for that experiment. The
branches also include instructions on how to build and run it. Anyone
who is interested is invited to watch the video read the docs,
experiment and provide feedback.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUbA4tcYrTM
[2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~adinn/leyden-experiments/

regards,