[External] : Re: There is a regression in JDK 23, but I cannot attach a jar at bugreport.java.com.

Chen Liang chen.l.liang at oracle.com
Sun Oct 13 16:50:20 UTC 2024

Hi Asva, this is a bug with proguard as they are creating invalid signatures, namely ones ending with >.; and they need to remove the trailing period before the semicolon in such signatures.

JDK 22 was erroneously permissive and such signatures were incorrectly parsed as an empty simple name.

Feel free to drop a link to proguard bug here once you made a report.