trying to understand inlining

Garcia Gutierrez Miguel Alfredo miguelalfredo.garcia at epfl.ch
Fri Jun 1 03:05:29 PDT 2012

I'm exploring Graal, starting with transformations like inlining which should ring a bell. However after working my way from GraphBuilderPhase to InliningUtil I couldn't find how MethodHandles are processed (the main reason to pick MethodHandles has been just to start somewhere).

So far I've noticed MH-related functionality is enabled via
   mx vm -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+EnableInvokeDynamic
but haven't found so far Graal-specifics about them.

Looking at InliningPolicy is also on my ToDo list, it would be great to hear experience reports about the effects of different (maybe language-specific?) inlining policies.

Miguel
http://lampwww.epfl.ch/~magarcia/ScalaCompilerCornerReloaded/

--
Miguel Garcia