graal and jdk8

Venkatachalam, Vasanth Vasanth.Venkatachalam at amd.com
Wed Feb 13 09:27:56 PST 2013

Hi Thomas,

When I try  to build with jdk-8, I get the following error:

Compiling Java sources for com.oracle.truffle.codegen.processor with javac...
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.7
/home/tester/vasanth/graal/graal/graal/com.oracle.truffle.codegen.processor/src/com/oracle/truffle/codegen/processor/ast/CodeExecutableElement.java:34: error: CodeExecutableElement is not abstract and does not override abstract method isDefault() in ExecutableElement
public class CodeExecutableElement extends CodeElement<Element> implements WritableExecutableElement {
       ^
1 error

Here's the java version I am using:

tester at see-anna1:~/Downloads$ jdk1.8.0/bin/java -version
java version "1.8.0-ea"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-ea-b74)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.0-b15, mixed mode)
tester at see-anna1:~/Downloads$