sharing graal experiments

Christian Thalinger christian.thalinger at oracle.com
Mon Feb 18 12:09:55 PST 2013

On Feb 18, 2013, at 9:37 AM, Thomas Wuerthinger <thomas.wuerthinger at oracle.com> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I'd suggest a combination of option 1 and 2: Experiments go into a sumatra-dev/graal fork. Stable changes to Graal to make it a more suitable compiler for the GPU are added to graal/graal. We can help making those changes.

I concur.  The PTX port should go into graal/graal because it's the first GPU architecture for Graal and it will be helpful to make infrastructure changes based on what we need for that.

Other GPU architectures can go to sumatra/sumatra-dev/hotspot first and later be integrated in graal/graal.

-- Chris