How to experiment with Truffle?

Thomas Wuerthinger thomas.wuerthinger at oracle.com
Fri Mar 29 09:24:01 PDT 2013

Stefan,

The current status is that
- The Truffle API is available and languages using it can run on a vanilla JDK.
- There is a short API documentation in the form of unit tests plus javadoc. It explains the most important parts of the API. You can either browse it in source code form (recommended) or in javadoc form [1].
- There is an example guest language implementation available in the project "com.oracle.truffle.sl".

We are still working on more comprehensive documentation for the OpenJDK wiki. Also, the work on the special compilation phases for Graal related to Truffle is still under progress.

Regards, thomas

[1] http://lafo.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/javadoc/graalvm/com.oracle.truffle.api.test/javadoc/com/oracle/truffle/api/test/package-summary.html