? graal regression / okra simulator bug ?

Jules Gosnell jules_gosnell at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 20:30:36 UTC 2014

Guys,

Somewhere between the 14th (build# 268) and 15th (build# 273) June a
SEGV crept into my nightly jdk8/graal/okra-simulator/clumatra
build/test-suite:

http://ouroboros.dyndns-free.com/ci/view/clumatra/job/clumatra-simulated-acceleration/

The issue is not present in my identical okra-hardware build which
[builds and] tests exactly the same jdk/graal/okra/clumatra stack on an
Ubuntu/KFD/Kaveri system:

http://ouroboros.dyndns-free.com/ci/view/clumatra/job/clumatra-hardware-acceleration/

I build with the following flags:

-Xms1g -Xmx8g -server -XX:-UseHSAILDeoptimization
-XX:-UseHSAILSafepoints -G:+DumpOnError -G:Log=CodeGen -XX:+GPUOffload
-XX:+TraceGPUInteraction

You can see the segv and accompanying debugging at the end of all
okra-simulated builds > #268 logs on the page above - e.g.

http://ouroboros.dyndns-free.com/ci/view/clumatra/job/clumatra-simulated-acceleration/273/consoleFull

Any help would be much appreciated - I can provide more detail on request.

many thanks,

Jules