Implementing generators in Truffle

Thomas Wuerthinger thomas.wuerthinger at oracle.com
Mon May 5 22:17:42 UTC 2014

Timothy,

We have currently no support for continuations in Truffle - it is however on the list of features we would like to add. Lukas Stadler (CC’d) has done some work on continuations in the context of HotSpot that we plan to port. Maybe you can provide us with some details on what kind of delimited continuation system would fit your needs.

The ZipPy guys (e.g., Wei Zhang, CC’d) have done some work on optimizing generators in Truffle as they require high-performance generators for their Python implementation. Maybe they can share with you some of their experiences.

- thomas