HotspotProfilingInfo for xxx-morphic inlining

Deneau, Tom tom.deneau at amd.com
Mon May 12 19:35:04 UTC 2014

I am interested in getting HotspotProfilingInfo for a method that we will be compiling in the HSAIL backend.
(after running the method on the cpu first to get profiling info)

When I get to HotSpotResolvedJavaMethod.getProfilingInfo, the metaspaceMethodData is always 0 and methodData is always null, so we get DefaultProfilingInfo instead.

I am using
    -XX:TypeProfileWidth=3 -G:MegamorphicInliningMinMethodProbability=0.001

and my OptimisticOptimizations include UseTypedCheckInlining and UseTypeCheckHints.

Is there some hotspot or graal option I am missing?