Tail Call Optimization

Cristian Esquivias cristian.esquivias at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:50:08 UTC 2015

Thanks for the help Stefan & Christian. I switched over to passing
CallTarget objects and following the SimpleLanguage example for an inline
cache of direct dispatch node. No more opt failures.

https://github.com/cesquivias/mumbler/commit/ba4986d33d983b17eaa19892e4a37fb3d42a212c

Unfortunately, even though the direct dispatch node is called, performance
has taken a big hit. The median time on my microbenchmark increased over
50% (360ms to 550ms). Is throwing a flow exception out of function frames
not very fast?

Microbenchmark:
https://github.com/cesquivias/mumbler/commit/616fcdea94d50ec8a121ac4da2eb3eef9d5092be