Deprecating RootNode constructors

Jaroslav Tulach jaroslav.tulach at oracle.com
Fri Jul 17 14:55:47 UTC 2015

Hi.
I'd like to deprecate all existing RootNode constructors and replace them with
a new one.

The reason is to support multi-language debugging. For every position of the
program where debugger can stop, we need to find out the actual language that
position is written in. As position is represented by Node and each live node
has a pointer to parent, we thought requesting every language to register
itself when constructing a RootNode is a gentle way to get the needed
information.

One problem is api.interop - its Message system has some problems with
singletons and as such I will likely need to add TruffleLanguage parameter
into all access*Message methods of ForeignAccess.Factory* classes. This part
of change is still tbd, but I hope to be ready for integrating everything
early next week.

Object as soon as you can!
-jt