Building Graal on Mac

Varadharajan Mukundan srinathsmn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 06:55:54 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I wanted to try out Graal on Mac and i'm currently stuck with these issues.
Thanks in advance for your help :)

1. I'm not able to reach Mercurial repositories of Graal at
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/graal/graal . It fails with no repository error.
Has it been moved somewhere else?

2. I cloned http://hg.openjdk.java.net/graal/graal-jvmci-9/ and tried to do
a "configure and make all". Its failing with the below error:

INFO:  ENABLE_FULL_DEBUG_SYMBOLS=1
if !  /Users/varadham/projects/java/graal-jvmci-9/make/bin/javap
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory > /dev/null 2>&1; then \
   /Users/varadham/projects/java/graal-jvmci-9/make/bin/java -version; \
  echo "*** An XSLT processor (J2SE 1.4.x or newer) is required" \
  "to bootstrap this build" 1>&2; \
  exit 1; \
fi
/bin/sh: /Users/varadham/projects/java/graal-jvmci-9/make/bin/java: No such
file or directory
*** An XSLT processor (J2SE 1.4.x or newer) is required to bootstrap this
build

Does that mean i;ve to build Java 9 and place those binaries into those
directories?

--
Thanks,
M. Varadharajan