Broken debugging of JavaScript

Martin Entlicher Martin.Entlicher at oracle.com
Fri Oct 16 20:38:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

I thought that there is some problem on my side with stepping again. But
no, this changeset:
https://lafo.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/hg/graal-js/rev/2dabbd7aec99
effectively removed debugging of JavaScript.

installInstrumenter() method, which is vital for JavaScript debugging
was moved from JavaScriptLanguage class to JSContext class. This would
be fine, if it would be called from somewhere. But the call at
JavaScriptLanguage was removed. :-(

The only single call to installInstrumenter() method is in RunScript,
but only Shell uses RunScript. The call must be put somewhere before any
parsing of JavaScript occurs, regardless of where is it parsed from.

Thank you,
Martin