Profiling a Truffle language

Christian Humer christian.humer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 20:29:28 UTC 2016

Hi Gerard,

>I added it to truffle-debug to my pom.xml, and I'm currently using
>the maven-shade-plugin to automatically include my dependencies into
>the
>generated jar. That may be the wrong way to go about it, I'm not that
>experienced with the classpath.
If you experienced the problem when using the maven-shade-plugin
already, its very likely the cause of the problems.
When merging jar files, additional work needs to be done to make sure
our service loader discovers the profiler on the classpath.

>That would be great, though I'm not looking forward to building Truffle
>from source ;)
Truffle is just Java sources, so building just Truffle is super-easy, no
reason to be afraid ;-).
As usual we are going to release it as part of the next release, on
maven central and OTN.
We release Truffle at least once every month.

Cheers,
Christian