cannot compile graal with gcc 6.1 on 64bit linux and jdk 8u92

Christian Humer christian.humer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:49:54 UTC 2016

Hi Mauro,

If you goal is to run ruby applications, then it might just be simpler
to use GraalVM [1].
It is a JVMCI JDK 8 with Graal, JS, R and Ruby integrated.
The latest release is about a month old and it comes with everything
prebuilt to be used on a 64 bit Linux.
You can find an executable to execute ruby programs with JRuby+Truffle
in GraalVM/bin/ruby or for a shell GraalVM/bin/irb.
If you download the development kit, there are also some examples in the
GraalVM/examples folder.

[1]
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oracle-labs/program-languages/overview/index.html

Cheers,