Object Storage Model: has anybody real-world experience?

Raffaello Giulietti raffaello.giulietti at supsi.ch
Wed Mar 16 11:30:32 UTC 2016

Hello,

the Object Storage Model (OSM) has been introduced here
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2647517 and is provided in Truffle.

The paper describes some (impressive) benchmarks done with the Truffle
implementation of JavaScript and with JRuby+Truffle.

I'm wondering if it has been used even in such class-based dynamic
languages like Smalltalk and Newspeak, where objects have a fixed size
of (named) dynamically typed instance variables but where the full
flexibility of the model might perhaps be an overkill.

Also, I'm wondering if the OSM has been used and measured in real-world
server applications with hundred of millions or even billions of live
objects and/or if there are informal reports on its the usage in such
harsher environments.

Thanks
Raffaello