NetBeans hints per MX project

Jaroslav Tulach jaroslav.tulach at oracle.com
Thu Feb 2 13:46:42 UTC 2017

Dear users of mx and NetBeans,
if you use

$ mx netbeansinit

from time to time you may want to know that I have just pushed a slight
improvement to mx

https://github.com/graalvm/mx/commit/aa2320a2fb0951ca1e15e7ecaafe811118840f78

which allows us to configure NetBeans hints globally, per suite and per
individual mx project and thus have them standardized across all users.

It is a small step for Graal project, but huge leap forward for NetBeans mx
users. There is just one thing missing - we need to properly select  right
hints to match settings used by our Eclipse using colleagues.

The main configuration file is at
https://github.com/graalvm/mx/blob/aa2320a2fb0951ca1e15e7ecaafe811118840f78/
netbeans-settings/cfg_hints.xml
any improvement to it is more than welcomed.

Thanks in advanced for making NetBeans experience when using mx-based projects
better!
-jt