Entry point publishing in Truffle OptimizedCallTarget, on AArch64

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 15:45:03 UTC 2017

Hi Aleksander,

On 14/06/17 13:09, Aleksandar Prokopec wrote:

> Yes, pulling out the check in TruffleCompiler should enable this on
> AArch64. To make it even easier, I added a change with a flag that turns
> the new functionality on and off on AArch64 (should land on github in
> half an hour or so).

It built ok on AArch64 using the latest head -- n.b. that's minus the
switch you mentioned.

> On SPARC and x86, I was testing the fix with plain "mx unittest", and
> this helped me detect correctness issues.

Well, it's not entirely clear that this is ok on AArch64 because the
unit tests do not run cleanly on the latest head (23 failures).

However, I ran the unit tests with your disabling check in place and
then with the check removed and I saw the same number of failures. So, I
think your patch is ok.

I also fired up netbeans to exercise your patch i a heavily
multi-threaded app. It ran without any errors manifesting (I also
included my pending fix for the AArch64 address lowering code which is
needed to avoid bytebuffer access errors).

So, in sum: review passed, ship it!

regards,

Andrew Dinn