Problem with JVMCI on Cygwin

Russ Powers russpowers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 21:51:05 UTC 2017

Thanks Gilles.  I've tried running in normal Windows command prompt, but it
seems to need sed and find and some other unix utilities, so I tried it
using the git/git bash shell, which did work either.  After digging around
a bit, I noticed it was looking for Cygwin in many places in the build
scripts, referring to a HOTSPOTMKSHOME environment variable (which defaults
to c:\cygwin\bin).  I then tried Cygwin and I got it to fully build and
produce the jvm.dll and whole modified jdk folder (although I had to hack
mx.py to remove .sha1 checks on downloads, that was causing errors writing
.sha1 files).

Is there something else I should try?