Defect 6612732

rgougol at email.sjsu.edu rgougol at email.sjsu.edu
Thu Nov 29 08:23:16 PST 2007

Thanks for all the feadbacks in advance. So I switched to this defect,
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6612732 . The problem is
basically that C1 computes Double.MAX_VALUE * Double.MAX_VALUE ==
Double.POSITIVE_INFINITY incorrectably false which should be true. The defect
is reproduced by invoking java -Xcomp -XX:UseSSE=1 . However this defect is not
reproduced in mixed mode even if the problematic method contains a large loop
and does get compiled?! Does it mean this defeat is extra complicated too? I
thought I should catch the defect starting from the function
LIRGenerator::do_ArithmeticOp_FPU(ArithmeticOp*) . However this function is
catched by GDB after the compilation of the problematic method?! Would it be
the right method to start tracing from?

Sincerely,

Nima Rouhollah Gougol