intrinsic that makes runtime choice whether to revert to java

Deneau, Tom tom.deneau at amd.com
Thu Jul 5 10:13:52 PDT 2012

Vladimir --

The code you provided helps a lot, thank you.
I am still testing it, but it seems to work for the basic cases.

A couple of questions based on my not having done much with GraphKit:

   1) I want to do a test at compile time (or maybe even earlier at
      stub generation time) as to whether a certain library class is a
      version that has a certain field.  This would fail if are
      mistakenly using the old library with a new JVM, which would
      indicate we cannot use the intrinsics.  I suspect this is done
      using the class from the systemDictionary but I'm not sure.

   2) At compile time, when generating the code for the fast path, I
      want to generate a Node* to load a certain field from the
      embeddedCipher object (since we have made it past the predicate,
      we know that the embeddedCipher object is an instance of the
      class we expect).  I need to do this so that I can pass the
      field to the stub.  But at compile time, the particular instance
      that triggered compilation might not have an embeddedCipher
      object of the proper type.  Still I want to generate a Node*
      that will load a field from the embeddedCipher object as if it
      were the proper type.  And I am not sure how to do that.  (My
      current code failes to generate the intrinsic unless the
      particular instance that triggered compilation is the correct
      type).  I hope this question makes sense.

   3) If I want my predicate to be based on two Boolean tests,
      similar to the following java code

	if ((obj instanceof XXXClass) && ((XXXClass)(obj).field == SomeConstant))

      and I want to of course skip the second test if the first test fails.
      Is it something like the following?

  _sp += nargs;          // gen_instanceof might do an uncommon trap
  Node* instof = gen_instanceof(embeddedCipherObj, makecon(TypeKlassPtr::make(klass_AESCrypt)));
  _sp -= nargs;
  Node* cmp_instof  = _gvn.transform(new (C, 3) CmpINode(instof, intcon(1)));
  Node* bool_instof  = _gvn.transform(new (C, 2) BoolNode(cmp_instof, BoolTest::ne));

  Node* instof_false = generate_guard(bool_instof, NULL, PROB_MIN);
  //instanceOf == true, fallthrough

  Node* k_len = get_key_len_from_aescrypt_object(embeddedCipherObj);
  Node* cmp_klen  = _gvn.transform(new (C, 3) CmpINode(k_len, intcon(44)));   // corresponds to keys we can handle
  Node* bool_klen  = _gvn.transform(new (C, 2) BoolNode(cmp_klen, BoolTest::ne));
  Node* klen_false = generate_guard(bool_klen, NULL, PROB_MIN);
  return klen_false;

-- Tom