8038953,Add sanity tests for BMI1 and LZCNT instructions

Anton Ivanov anton.ivanov at oracle.com
Tue Apr 1 17:51:55 UTC 2014

Hi Vladimir,

They test different things,
Fillip's tests - verify results to be the same for compiler and
interpreter (but imagine compiler do not use intrinsic at all, test will
pass too, because they will do exactly the same operations)
My tests verify only that certain asm instructions are presented in
native code emitted by compiler (but do not verify the correctness of
execution)
Combination of these 2 sets of tests makes sure that new instructions
are really used, and used correctly.
It also was not easy to modify Fillip's tests because they were
developed in parallel

combination of these 2 sets give us

--
Best regards,