C2 compiler bug closed as incomplete

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:39:18 UTC 2014

Really seems like a duplicate of
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8032566 "8032566: Crash in
JIT when running Scala compiler (and compiling Scala std lib)"
although that one should have been fixed in jdk8 b127. On the other
hand it was not really fixed - just worked around by switched off
autoboxing by default (you can double check with
-XX:-EliminateAutoBox).

Maybe the problem also appears even with autoboxing switched off?

By the way, JIT replay data doesn't help without access to the involved classes.

Regards,
Volker