[9] RFR(S): JDK-8029436: CICompilerCount is not updated when the number of compiler threads is adjusted to the number of CPUs

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Thu Apr 10 18:52:52 UTC 2014

There was long discussion with Tobias on IM last night and I agreed to
update CICompilerCount. I updated bug report.

I thought to do that when it is default only:

+    if (FLAG_IS_DEFAULT(CICompilerCount)) {
+      FLAG_SET_DEFAULT(CICompilerCount, count);
+    }

If we reset it in all case (specifically when both flags are specified
on command line) then we need to use FLAG_SET_ERGO. yes, it is good
compromise.

Thanks,
Vladimir