RFR(S): 8041481: JVM crashes with collect_args_for_profiling

Roland Westrelin roland.westrelin at oracle.com
Thu Apr 24 16:08:31 UTC 2014

The failure happens at a MethodHandle.linkTo* to a C1 intrinsic. The MethodHandle.linkTo* is inlined, and the argument profiling code tries to profile the member name argument that is already popped. The fix is to make sure we stop iterating over arguments once we’ve reached the end of the argument list and not only rely on the number of arguments that we expect to encounter at the call.

I also hit an assert failure in LIRGenerator::profile_type() which I think is due to class loading occurring concurrently with ci object initializations. I removed the asserts that made assumptions about the state of the ci objects and turned them into actual checks.

This will need to be backported to 8u20.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~roland/8041481/webrev.00/

Roland.