RFR(L): 8081247 AVX 512 extended support code review request

Berg, Michael C michael.c.berg at intel.com
Wed Jun 3 04:38:23 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

I would like to contribute more AVX512 enabling to facilitate support for machines which utilize EVEX encoding. I need two reviewers to review this patch and comment as needed:

Bug-id: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8081247

webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcberg/8081247/webrev.01/

This patch enables BMI code on EVEX targets, improves replication patterns to be more efficient on both EVEX enabled and legacy targets, adds more CPUID based rules for correct code generation on various EVEX enabled servers, extends more call save/restore functionality and extends the vector space further for SIMD operations.  Please expedite this review as there is a near term need for the support.
Also, as I am not yet a committer, this code needs a sponsor as well.

Thanks,
Michael