RSA and Diffie-Hellman performance [Was: RFR(L): 8069539: RSA acceleration]

Anthony Scarpino anthony.scarpino at oracle.com
Thu May 28 23:39:59 UTC 2015

Personally I think it better to not have implSquareToLenChecks() and
implMulAddCheck() as separate methods and to have the range check
squareToLen and mulAdd.  Given these change are about performance, it
seems unnecessary to add an extra call to a method.

While we are changing BigInteger, should a range check for multiplyToLen
be added?  Or is there a different bug for that?

Tony