[aarch64-port-dev ] RFR(s): AArch64: 8149080: Recoginize disjoint array copy in stub code

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 14:32:44 UTC 2016

On 08/02/16 11:55, Hui Shi wrote:
> Could you please give more details about how backward array copy can also
> utilize hardware prefetcher in multiple string append case?

I do not understand this question.  There is AFAIK no "multiple string
append case": string concatenation is done by a single array copy, and
multiple concatenations are done as several array copies.  Therefore,
all we have to do is make sure that char/byte array copies are fast in
both directions.  And if the problem is prefetching, we know how to do
that.

Andrew.