RFR (XXS): 8144621: CompilerControl: inline tests timeout with Xcomp

Pavel Punegov pavel.punegov at oracle.com
Mon Feb 15 17:43:08 UTC 2016

see inline

> On 15 Feb 2016, at 19:41, Vladimir Kozlov <vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Should we fix tests with *.* commands instead?
Most tests generate their commands with the getValidMethodDescriptor() method. This fix makes it not use *.* patterns at all. If we found this pattern, the method returns a plain method name.

> Could you, please, list those tests (I want to look)?
compiler/compilercontrol/jcmd/PrintDirectivesTest.java
compiler/compilercontrol/parser/DirectiveStressTest.java
Closed inlining tests are also affected.

As for PrintAssembly tests:
compiler/compilercontrol/directives/PrintTest.java
compiler/compilercontrol/commands/PrintTest.java
but they suffer from  the JDK-8140354 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8140354> that is also caused by *.* with Xcomp. I plan to rewrite OutputAnalyzer to save output on disk.

> May be add -Xmixed if they don't like -Xcomp?
Well, this could be a fix, but then all inlining tests would be run only with Xmixed.

> Or use real method's names instead of *.*?
that the fix is about.