RFR(S): [TESTBUG] compiler/compilercontrol/jcmd/StressAddMultiThreadedTest.java spawns tens of thousands of threads

Nils Eliasson nils.eliasson at oracle.com
Mon Feb 22 13:12:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

Please review this update of the compiler control stress tests.

This change includes the following changes:
* Change the test to only use a small fix number of threads.
* Removes the
test/compiler/compilercontrol/jcmd/StressAddSequentiallyTest.java. The
Multithreaded tests tests the same things - no need to duplicate.
* Removes the time limited runner - testing adding directives will makes
us hit the limit pretty fast - no idea continue adding tests in a loop
for two minutes when they are rejected after a few seconds.
* Add -XX:CompilerDirectivesLimit=1601 to make sure we can test an
unusually big amount of directives.
* Add -Xmixed to make sure we don't get PrintAssembly for every method
in Xcomp.
* Remove the increased timeout.

The end result is that this test will use 4 threads to add 4 files of up
to 100 directives each.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~neliasso/8149060/webrev.03/

Best regards,
Nils Eliasson