RFR(XS): 8148353: [linux-sparc] Crash in libawt.so on Linux SPARC

Dean Long dean.long at oracle.com
Wed Feb 24 00:22:04 UTC 2016

Vladimir, my understanding is that this is just because of the way LONG
and DOUBLE are represented internally, and doesn't mean we use two
native stack slots.  So we are forcing C2 to treat int args as longs:

JRT_BLOCK_ENTRY(void, OptoRuntime::new_array_C(Klass* array_type, int
len, JavaThread *thread))

we generate code as if it was

JRT_BLOCK_ENTRY(void, OptoRuntime::new_array_C(Klass* array_type,
int64_t len, JavaThread *thread))

and we wrap a ConvI2LNode around "len" when we call.

dl