[9] RFR (XS): 8150543: Mismatched access detection is inaccurate

Vladimir Ivanov vladimir.x.ivanov at oracle.com
Fri Feb 26 12:51:01 UTC 2016

Thanks for the review, Aleksey.

>> Also, marked the tests as not applicable to C1, since it doesn't
>> constant fold unsafe accesses.
>
> Okay, but does it hurt to run those tests with C1? My concern is that we
> might forget to enable those tests back once/if C1 learns to constant
> fold unsafe accesses.
It requires additional logic in the tests: both to encode expected
results for different configurations and detect what compiler is in use.
If C1 support is added, question about testing aspect will naturally
arise. So, I consider it very unlikely that it will stay untested.

Best regards,
Vladimir Ivanov