RFR (M): 8143925: Enhancing CounterMode.crypt() for AES

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Tue Jan 5 17:17:04 UTC 2016

 > On 31 Dec 2015, at 22:33, John Rose <john.r.rose at oracle.com> wrote:
 >
 > When performing explicit range checks in pre-intrinsic code,
 > let's try to use the new intrinsic functions in java.util.Objects,
 > called checkIndex, checkFromToIndex, and checkFromIndexSize.

Please, don't forget that checks in pre-intrinsic code should match checks generated by javac (bytecode) for
intrinsified methods. Otherwise those checks will not be removed (by dominated checks in pre-intrinsic code) when
intrinsics are not support on a platform. That is why we currently have such duplicated pre-intrinsic code.

On other hand when intrinsics are supported they don't have checks so if they present we can intrinsify pre-intrinsic
code as you suggested.

Thanks,
Vladimir