RFR(M): 8146612: C2: Precedence edges specification violated

Doerr, Martin martin.doerr at sap.com
Fri Jan 8 11:06:42 UTC 2016

Hi Vladimir,

thanks for the review.

I have changed the comments, added assertions and factored out the common functionality of del_req(), del_req_ordered() and rm_prec() into a new private function close_prec_gap_at(). That makes sense.

About your concern about accessing outside of _in array in rm_prec():
Please note that i is decremented before it gets used:
"j == _max-1", "i" will be set to "_max", but decremented in "_in[--i]"

Anyway, I have replaced this code by close_prec_gap_at(), so it doesn't matter anymore.

The new webrev is here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8146612_C2_prec_edges/webrev.01/

Best regards,
  Martin