RFR(S): 8146096: [TEST BUG] compiler/loopopts/UseCountedLoopSafepoints.java Timeouts

Andreas Eriksson andreas.eriksson at oracle.com
Tue Jan 19 12:32:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

Can I please have a review for the removal of
hotspot/test/compiler/loopopts/UseCountedLoopSafepoints.java.

The test needs to do a loop that takes more than two seconds to execute
fully without doing a safepointing call. For this expensive atomic
operations were used. The problem is that on certain embedded platforms
they are too expensive, and the test times out.
The loop length could probably be reduced, and it should still work on
faster machines. However, the test is not very useful, so I think it's
better to just remove it to avoid future problems.

Test to be removed:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/hs-comp/hotspot/file/d84a55e7aaf8/test/compiler/loopopts/UseCountedLoopSafepoints.java
(I can create a webrev if you think it necessary.)

Thanks,
Andreas