RFR(S): 8146424: runtime/ReservedStack/ReservedStackTest.java triggers: assert(thread->deopt_mark() == __null) failed: no stack overflow from deopt blob/uncommon trap

Tom Rodriguez tom.rodriguez at oracle.com
Fri Jan 22 19:17:25 UTC 2016

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~never/8146424/webrev/index.html <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~never/8146424/webrev/index.html>

JVMCI needs to provide access to Interpreter::size_activation so that JVMCI compilers can properly bang stacks based on their deoptimization requires.  This simply adds a new entry point the compiler can use to compute the required size.  It also exposes HotSpotVMConfig.vm_page_size instead of requiring the compiler to rely on Unsafe.pageSize which has unspecified relationship to that value.

Tested with Graal and the jtreg stack banging tests.  I was unable to reproduce the exact reported failure locally though I confirmed that more stack banging was being done in the required places.

tom