Some JVMCI/Graal questions related to AOT

dean.long at oracle.com dean.long at oracle.com
Mon May 22 22:41:02 UTC 2017

1) I'm working on "8132547: [AOT] support invokedynamic instructions"
and I've hacked up jdk.vm.ci.hotspot.HotSpotConstantPool.java to handle
things like the invokedynamic appendix differently.  However, since this
will only be used by AOT, I'm thinking I need to put my changes in an
AOTHotSpotConstantPool subclass.  My question is, where is a good place
to put such as class (which hopefully won't require messing with modules)?

2) How can I tell if a ResolvedJavaType corresponds to a VM anonymous
class (Klass::is_anonymous())?  I can't rely on getFingerprint()
returning 0, because I want fingerprints for anonymous classes.  Is
there something existing, or do I need to add something to JVMCI?

dl