[10] RFR: JDK-8160354: uninitialized value warning and VM crash are occurred with GCC 6

Kim Barrett kim.barrett at oracle.com
Tue May 23 09:47:51 UTC 2017

> On May 23, 2017, at 4:27 AM, Yasumasa Suenaga <yasuenag at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've posted review request [1].
> I want to resume to work about it.
>
> This issue is marked as P3 bug [2].
> I uploaded the webrev for jdk 10. Could you review it?
>
>  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8160354/webrev.02/
>
> I cannot access JPRT.
> So I need a sponsor.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Yasumasa
>

> [1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2016-June/023658.html

As discussed in the CR, I think this is closely related to
JDK-8160404.  I think the change to the RelocationHolder constructor
being suggested here may be just papering over a symptom of that other
bug.

And I suspect that if JDK-8160404 were fixed then there wouldn't be
any warnings in make_raw to be addressed in what looks to me like a
kludgy workaround.

That all makes me not a fan of the changes being proposed here.