RFR: 8223504: improve performance of forall loops by better inlining of "iterator()" methods.

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Tue May 7 18:56:29 UTC 2019

On 5/7/19 8:39 PM, Sergey Kuksenko wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to ask for review the following change/update:

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~skuksenko/hotspot/8223504/webrev.00/

The idea sounds fine.

Nits (the usual drill):

 *) Copyright years need to be updated, at least in bytecodeInfo.cpp

 *) Do we need to put Iterator_klass initialization this early in WK_KLASSES_DO? It feels safer to
initialize it at the end, to avoid surprising bootstrap issues.

 *) Backslash indent is off here in vmSymbols.hpp:

 129   template(java_util_Iterator,                        "java/util/Iterator")               \

 *) Space after "if"? Also, I think you can use ciType::is_subtype_of instead here. Plus, since you
declared iterator in WK klasses, SystemDictionary::Iterator_klass() should be available.

 100     if(retType->is_klass() && retType->as_klass()->is_subtype_of(C->env()->Iterator_klass())) {

--
Thanks,
-Aleksey