RFR(T): 8223910: TestFloatJNIArgs and TestTrichotomyExpressions time out with Graal as JIT

Ekaterina Pavlova ekaterina.pavlova at oracle.com
Wed May 15 20:22:47 UTC 2019

Hi,

Please review following changes which disable two tests from running with Graal.

test/hotspot/jtreg/compiler/floatingpoint/TestFloatJNIArgs.java is executed in 3 configurations.
The 3rd one sets " -XX:-TieredCompilation -Xcomp" which is in Graal as JIT mode results in
all Graal methods to be compiled by Graal itself running in interpreter mode which is
very slow and causes the test to time out. So, I split this test in two and disabled the 2nd
one from running with Graal.

compiler/codegen/TestTrichotomyExpressions.java sets "-XX:-TieredCompilation -Xbatch".
Current slowness should go away once we have libgraal. So putting this test into Graal
specific problem list.

  webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~epavlova//8223910/webrev.00/index.html

thanks,
-katya