[13] RFR: 8213416: Replace some enums with static const members in hotspot/compiler

Rahul Raghavan rahul.v.raghavan at oracle.com
Thu May 16 06:33:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thank you Vladimir for review comments.

>> 4) _lh_array_tag_obj_value, _lh_instance_slow_path_bit -
>> [open/src/hotspot/share/oops/klass.cpp]
>
> I am okay with it but Runtime group should agree too - it is their code.

Yes, I missed that it is Runtime code.

Please note plan is to handle only the hotspot/compiler part of the
requirement changes in JDK-8213416.
As per earlier JBS comments new JDK-8223400 was created to cover the
requirements in hotspot/runtime.
So may I suggest moving the above runtime change requirement details to
JDK-822340;
and use only the balance changes, as in below updated webrev, here for
8213416.

<webrev.01> - http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rraghavan/8213416/webrev.01/

Thanks,
Rahul